Taking The Long View In Legal Representation For A Catastrophic Injury
If you have suffered serious burns or a traumatic brain injury (TBI), spinal cord injury or amputation, then you, your family and medical professionals will naturally focus on your physical recovery. You may undergo surgery, spend weeks or months in rehabilitation and experience ongoing complications such as infections, chronic pain or depression. As important as it is to address medical and adaptive challenges, it is also critical to have a skilled personal injury lawyer get to work on your legal case.
After a car accident or any serious accident, your attorney should take the long view, considering your lifetime care needs such as the replacement of your lost wages and disability accommodations. An accurate accounting of your needs may include:
- Repeated skin grafts if you suffered burn injuries
- Long-term counseling and therapy from a neuropsychologist or other rehabilitation specialists with specific knowledge about your condition after a brain injury or another type of catastrophic injury
- Purchases of equipment, such as a power wheelchair, a modified van and special adaptive computer software and devices if you now live with paralysis
- Home remodeling or outfitting if necessary to accommodate disabilities that you will live with
- Personal care services if you cannot fully take care of yourself
At Glickman & Glickman, practicing state-wide, with offices in San Francisco and Los Angeles, we understand how critical it is to get the dollar amount of your injury claim or lawsuit right before filing an injury claim. Once you have received a verdict or settlement, you usually cannot go back for more later. So, the documentation of your lifetime care needs is essential.
How We Will Conduct The Investigation Leading To Your Injury Claim Or Lawsuit
We are a well-coordinated team of trial lawyers. Our strength as trial attorneys include thoroughness and persistence in the investigation phase of any civil litigation case. If we are on your side, we will leave no stone unturned as we undertake the research behind your claim, including:
- A detailed review of police reports, medical records and eyewitness testimony to help prove your case
- In-depth depositions of you and your family members who can explain how the catastrophic injury has impacted you personally as well as your family life
- Intensive discussions with professionals such as social workers, occupational specialists and life-care planners who can project your needs over the remainder of your lifetime
- Requests for accounting ledgers from financial planners who can help put price tags on your short-term and long-term monetary needs
For life-altering injuries that will require a lifetime of care, getting maximum compensation is essential. We are experienced trial attorneys who prepare every case as if we will present all details to a judge and jury. Preparing for trial can ensure that you recover ample compensation, as well as put you in a stronger position during settlement talks.
Let Us Get Started With A Team Approach To Your Case
Your catastrophic injury case will have a lead attorney at our firm, as well as input from our other three lawyers and legal staff. We will do what it takes to develop a compelling case on your behalf. Our team’s experience in complex litigation enables us to calculate damages accurately. A credible estimate is imperative for you if you will be relying on financial recovery after a serious injury to support yourself and care for your family.